BEB Consultancy (UK) Ltd – Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are the standard terms that apply to the purchase of the BEB Start Up Business Academy from us, BEB Consultancy (UK) Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales under company number 6663021, whose registered office address is at Office 1, St.Luke’s Centre, Main Road, Duston, Northampton, NN5 6JB (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “we/us/our”).
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and ensure that you understand them – you will need to agree that you have read and accepted them before purchasing the membership from us. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you will not be able to order from us.
By placing an order with us, you warrant that (a) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts (b) you are at least 18 years old and (c) you understand that the BEB Start Up Business Academy is not designed for Consumers as defined by the Consumer Law Act 2015.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms and Conditions, the following expressions have the following meanings:
- “Academy” means the BEB Start Up Academy and any other materials to be provided by us to you; and
- “Account” means your account to access the BEB Start Up Business Academy;
- “Consumer” as defined by the Consumer Law Act 2015.
- “Contract” means the legally binding contract formed in accordance with clause 2, which includes these Terms and Conditions;
- “Facebook Group” means the online group ran by us;
- “You/Your” means you, the person ordering from us.
The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation. Words imparting the singular shall include the plural and vice-versa. Any reference to “writing” and “written” includes communication by email.
2. How the Contract is Formed Between You and Us
- Your order constitutes an offer to us, all orders are subject to acceptance by us. We will confirm such acceptance by email to let you know the order has been successfully confirmed. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you the order confirmation. Orders shall not be deemed confirmed until the payment is either paid in full or the first instalment has been made.
- Signing up, creates a legally binding Contract between us and you and includes the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which will apply between us.
- No terms or conditions stipulated or referred to by you in any form whatsoever will in any respect vary or add to these Terms and Conditions unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of any information submitted to us and for ensuring that the Contract reflects your requirements.
- The Contract will commence on the date of purchase and will continue for a term of 3 months unless otherwise agreed.
3. Your BEB Start Up Business Academy Account
- Sharing of Accounts is not permitted unless we expressly authorise this in writing. You are required to keep your account details confidential and must not reveal your username and password to anyone. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your account details in your internet browser. We also recommend the password you choose is strong and secure, containing a combination of letters, numbers and symbols, and is changed regularly.
- When using the Facebook Group, publishing information or interacting with other users, you must not submit content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, harassing, defamatory or discriminatory. Any failure to comply with this clause could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
4. The BEB Start Up Business Academy
- The paid content will be available to you immediately when we send you our order confirmation.
- We do not warrant that your use of our membership will be uninterrupted or error-free; nor that our membership, and/or the information obtained by you from the membership will meet your requirements.
- In some circumstances, we may need to suspend access to the paid content (in full or in part) to fix technical problems, to make necessary changes, to update the content to comply with relevant changes in the law or other regulatory requirements, or to make more significant changes to the paid content. If we need to make more significant changes, we will inform you at least 30 days before the changes are due to take effect
- If we need to suspend availability of the paid content for any of the reasons set out in clause 4.3, we will inform you in advance (or as soon as possible, if we need to suspend availability for urgent or emergency reasons) and explain why this is necessary. If this occurs, your term will be extended by a period equivalent to the length of the suspension (unless the period of suspension is less than 5 days). If the suspension lasts (or we tell you that it is going to last) for more than 14 days, you may end the Contract as described below in clause 8.1.
- Access to the paid content may include access to a group chat forum, such as Zoom Hangout or Facebook group. Such group sessions will be arranged at intervals to be decided at our discretion. All information discussed during these sessions must be kept confidential and must not be shared outside of the group in any way or for any purpose.
- You agree, where applicable, to
- not sub-licence our videos, downloads etc to any third party;
- attend the arranged question and answer sessions on time ensuring you are in a quiet location, with minimal distractions, good wi-fi access and be fully focused;
- inform us of any change in your contact details;
- always behave respectful of other members and ensure confidentiality;
- not promote yourself or use the space to sell your business other than any designated posts prompting you to do that where applicable;
- If you fail to comply with the above obligations, we reserve the right to terminate the Contract, remove you from the Facebook group as a result of your failure, at our discretion
5. Price and Payment
- The price payable for use of the paid content is as stated on our sales page.
- Payment must be made before the content will become available to you. You will be asked to complete your details and make payment via the sales page. Once payment is received, the paid content will become accessible to you for the initial term and any subsequent renewed term.
- The membership is a 3-month long term, as well as lifetime access to the Facebook Group. You can cancel the membership at any time.
- All payments made via the sales page will go through an online payment gateway provider, such as Stripe. No credit or debit card information is provided to us and completion of the transaction will be subject to you agreeing to this payment gateway provider’s terms and conditions. A separate contractual relationship is created between you and the payment gateway provider and we cannot be held liable for any errors, actions, omissions or incorrect charges that may be made by this third party.
- We may from time to time change our prices. Changes in price will not affect anymembership that you have already paid for.
- All prices include VAT, where applicable. If the rate of VAT changes between your order being placed and us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
6. Problems with our Services
- We aim to provide services that are of satisfactory quality. If you are dissatisfied, please contact us as soon as reasonably possible to inform us of the problem.
- If the paid content has faults, you are entitled to request we fix the problem. If we cannot fix the problem, or if it has not been (or cannot be) fixed within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to you, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund. Please note that we will not be liable if we informed you of the fault(s) or other problems with particular paid content before you accessed it and it is that same issue that has now caused the problem or if you purchased the paid content for an unsuitable purpose that is not obvious or made known to us and the problem resulted from your use of the paid content for that purpose.
- Any refunds due under this clause 6 will be issued within 14 calendar days of the day on which we agree that you are entitled to the refund, using the same payment method that you used when purchasing themembership, unless you specifically request that we make a refund using a different method.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
- We reserve all copyright and any other intellectual property rights which may subsist in, or in connection with, the provision of the membership including but not limited to our Facebook Group. We reserve the right to take such actions as may be appropriate to restrain or prevent infringement of such intellectual property rights.
- You may, for your own personal, do the following:
- Retrieve, display and view any content on a computer screen, or other devices such as a tablet;
- Print content for your own personal use.
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for any commercial purposes any content without our written permission.
- You must immediately bring to our attention any infringement or suspected infringement of any of the intellectual property rights licensed to you of which you are aware and at our request, you will take such action or assist us in taking such action as we may deem appropriate to protect the intellectual property rights.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any content you may submit via the Facebook group and post using your own profiles, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the social media groups, any Content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive or privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable, (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any third party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.”
- A breach of the above may result in a ban from the Facebook group and no refunds will be given.
8. Communications and Contact Details
- We always use reasonable efforts to ensure that the membership is trouble free. If, however, there is a problem with themembership, we request that you inform us at the time and we will endeavour to resolve it.
- In the event of any chargebacks we will seek to recover the original fees plus any associated costs.
- If you wish to contact us with questions or complaints, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In certain circumstances such you must contact us in writing. When contacting us in writing you may contact us by email or by pre-paid post at the address stated at the beginning of these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence (including that of our employees, agents or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to clause 9.1, we will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and us when the Contract is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- We may provide you with information and advice in connection with the membership. However, we cannot be held responsible for any actions, or lack of actions, you may take as a result of our advice.
- We may recommend affiliates and other service providers to you and the ultimate decision regarding their suitability rests with you. If you decide to work with our affiliates, a separate contractual relationship will be formed between you and the affiliate and we cannot be held responsible for their actions or lack of actions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a Consumer, or any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability. For more details of your legal rights, please refer to your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
10. Privacy and Data Protection
- All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 and your rights under the data protection laws.
11. Events Outside Our Control (Force Majeure)
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure or delay in performing any of our obligations under the Contract if that failure or delay is caused by any event beyond our reasonable control. This includes, but is not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism or war, governmental action or any other event beyond our reasonable control.
12. EOther Important Terms
- We may transfer (assign) our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable).
- You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) without our express written permission.
- The Contract is between you and us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that/those provision(s) will be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions. The remainder of these Terms and Conditions will be valid and enforceable.
- No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under these Terms and Conditions means that we have waived that right, and no waiver by us of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions means that we will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
13. Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales.
- Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to the Contract or these Terms and Conditions (whether contractual or otherwise) will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.